After nearly 13 months I think it’s time I return to writing for my webpage.
For some reason life just kept getting in the way with every attempt to write being thwarted by other activities.
My original plan was to write once a fortnight in hindsight quite ambitious for someone who had never blogged before. This year I’ll attempt once a month.
My first post will be my 2018 iPad setup for work. Which will be completed by the end of this weekend at the latest.
Overnight The Soulmen released a massive update to Ulysses.
Ulysses 2.6 brings a raft of features to make the app even more user friendly and a tool for writers of all shapes and sizes. One of the biggest changes and the best in my opinion is the ability to publish direct to WordPress. The Ulysses blog outlines in detail all the changes in 2.6. The following blogging features are what you can expect;
- Post to self-hosted blogs or blogs via WordPress.com
- Add as many blogs to Ulysses as you have
- Publish as draft or published, immediately or scheduled
- Set (or auto-set) categories and tags, excerpts and featured images
- Set post format Set slug and title link Publish as HTML or Markdown
- Preview in Ulysses
- Set post-publishing actions, i.e. open the WordPress editor or WordPress preview, after the post has made its way from your device to your blog
These for me are the biggest features of the update that should bring more users to Ulysses 2.6 and further cement those already taking advantage of the well conceived writing tool. If that didn’t convince you however these additional features should push you over the line.
- Dropbox on iOS
- Quick Open (Global Search on iOS)
- Typewriter Mode
Still not convinced? These great reviews of the app in its entirety should bring you around.
Full City Press – Ulysses 2.5 review
Macstories – Ulysses 2.5 for iPad and now iPhone
Now you are convinced !! Go now and buy Ulysses 2.6 it’s a premium quality app with a price to suit. Don’t be put off its worth every $$.